Thursday, May 1, 2014

"Catch a Star" Dreamcatcher

So I call it the "Catch a Star" dreamcatcher. It is made out of star beads, beads (shiny ones!), twine, metal hoop, embroidery thread, and sewing thread. The hoops is 2.75 inches in diameter and the hanging pieces are up to 5 inches long.

Last night I had a few failed attempts with making a dreamcatcher but it was good practice, right? I think yes. I think my only thing is I wish I put some of the same blue beads within the thread part of it within the hoop. I think that would have made it come together more. But I still really love it ! It's so fun making things with stars, they are happy and magical.

I am tired. There is a package of unopened Nutter Butters on the kitchen table someone brought home but I know they are dangerous...hydrodgenated oils and trans fat, and high fructose corn syrup. Yikes! But I do love Oreos...though there is a brand called Newman O's which don't contain the scary ingredients and they taste yummy if not yummier.

I really want to watch more Angel (show). I really like Joss Whedon for creating Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I miss seeing Willow...Giles too actually.

So here is my dreamcatcher I made today. It's also for sale in my Etsy shop of course..
https://www.etsy.com/listing/188226576/catch-a-star-dreamcatcher?ref=shop_home_active_5





No comments: